Luxembourgish C1 WORKSHOP LËTZEBUERGER GESELLSCHAFT, KULTUR A LITERATUR
Non-Luxembourgish and native learners
Proficiency in spoken and written Luxembourgish confirmed at level B2/C1 (according to the CEFR) or native speaker
No prior cultural or literary knowledge required
Listening and speaking
Reading and writing
Assuming regular attendance and independent study, you should have a broader overview of Luxembourgish society, culture and literature by the end of this course.
You will for instance be able to:
- Situate Luxembourgish authors or authors writing in Luxembourgish and their works in a social and historical context
- Interpret Luxembourg's triglossia in the modern multicultural framework
- Get a better understanding of the Luxembourgish institutions and traditions
- Grasp the identity process of the Grand Duchy from State to Nation
Workshop (once a week, 1h40 each course, for one semester)
- Introduction to the basic notions of Luxembourgish society, culture and literature
- Work on historical and contemporary texts
- Presentations by learners on a topic of their choice which is thematically related to the course.
- Discussions, cultural excursion(s) and/or guest speaker(s) in the classroom
Historical and topical documents and audio-visual media
In the literary context the following two anthologies will be used (among others):
"Literaresch Welten" (MEN, 2012; ISBN: 978-2-87995-084-6)
"Lies de bal" (Éditions Guy Binsfeld / Éditions Saint-Paul, 2014, ISBN: 978-99959-2-000-5; in collaboration with MEN).
Learners are assessed on the basis of an oral presentation and a paper on a specific topic, considering their active participation during the course.
No certificate outlining their skills level will be issued. If official certification is required, the learner can register for the LaF exam (dates and conditions of registration available on our website www.inll.lu).
Your recommended levels in Luxembourgish :
Course offer Luxembourgish C1 WORKSHOP LËTZEBUERGER GESELLSCHAFT, KULTUR A LITERATUR